Many Torontonian’s are trying to decide where and how to celebrate Canada Day this year. Canada’s 150th birthday will only come once so a big celebration is in order. A barbecue is a great way to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday. For those who wish to host a Barbecue check with your local farmer’s market what you can get fresh and in season for example
- Field Cucumbers
Try grilling some ramps on the barbecue and put them on top of your favorite burger. For those who do not know what Morels are like scallions but milder and sweeter.
Or if you like Mushrooms more try creating a Morel mushroom sauce for the top of your burger. Morels, Pinor noir, onion, garlic will create a sauce your guest won’t forget.
If you want something lighter try a cucumber and watermelon salad with Feta Cheese and Mint.
Have a Outdoor Pizza Oven? Try a Morel and Ramp Pizza with Parmesan Cheese with a very good olive oil to drizzle on top.
If you would like more ideas or help hosting a Canada Day BBQ simply call or email Haute Eats Catering.
What is Galntine’s Day you ask? Galantine’s day first appeared on the TV show Parks and Recreation according to Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler character) it’s only the best day of the year! Celebrated the day before Valentine’s day (February 13) it’s a day to celebrate your best girlfriends. Essentially, it’s like Valentine’s Day, but instead of celebrating the love between you and your partner, you spend it with your best girlfriends who have been there way before your significant other and potentially way after they are gone.
Ideas on how to celebrate Galantine’s Day in Toronto. First determine what time of day you want to celebrate mid morning or mid-afternoon/ evening?
- Mimosas, a great start to any Brunch date. Try a Grapefruit mimosa with Grapefruit juice, Champagne and garnish with a sliver of Grapefruit or for something a little more fun dip champagne flutes in water to wet the rim, then dip in sanding sugar.
- Parfait Bar, if your girlfriends are health conscious consider serving Greek Yogurt with a plethora of different toppings so they can create their own parfait. Consider serving it in a Martini glass to make it an extra special morning.
- Chicken n’ Waffles, if calories are not a concern try serving a southern classic with a twist. A red velvet waffle with a quinoa crusted chicken and a Champagne Maple Syrup.
Either before or after brunch consider organizing a mobile spa (@THE_SPA_TREATMENT) to show up at the party for mani/pedis or have a personal trainer (@sharp_fitness) come and raise your guest heartbeat with a great workout
If waking up early is not an option for you and your girl friends here are some ideas for Dinner.
- Signature Cocktail, try a Cupcake Martini with Cake Vodka, Amaretto, Creme de cacao and White Chocoloate liqueur.Rim the glass with frosting and sprinkles.
- Desert, is a must for the ladies on Galantine’s day. Consider picking up desert from your favourite local bakery. Or stick to very traditional love inspired treats.
If the ladies are feeling like spending a night out on the town. Try a “Paint Party” (@paintlounge) to let out all of your artistic capabilities. If you are looking for something a little more physical try “Axe Throwing” or ” Soccer Pool” (@ballers_bistro) . If a night in is what you and your bffs need consider serving “Truffle Popcorn with Parmesan cheese” while watching a Netflix revival of all the shows you all enjoyed watching growing up like “Gilmore Girls” or “Fuller House”
There are so many ways to celebrate Galantine’s Day in the GTA. If you want to host a party at home or your Condo’s Rec room to show your girlfriends how much they mean to you let Haute Eats Catering help. The team at Haute Eats catering can help you serve your best gal pal’s a meal that shows them how much you love them. Continue reading “Tips to Celebrating Galantine’s Day”
Themed Parties are often considered for all children’s event but overlooked for adult festivities. Theme parties are an excellent way to add flair to any event. Adult theme parties can include
- Specific Color theme (Pink Party, White party)
- Rock & Roll Party
- Jungle Party
- Casino Party
- Medieval party (Game of Thrones)
- Decade Party
- Tea Party
- Mexican Fiesta
- Maine-inspired Clambake
- Hula Party
- Masquerade Ball
- Nola-inspired Craw fish boil
If you are looking for ideas for a theme party Pinterest is a great source of ideas. When planning a themed party decor and costumes will help create the “look and feel” you desire. However the food or beverage will put the finishing touches to any event. Have your cater consider serving appetizers, main courses or deserts to coordinate with the theme. Different flavors of beverages or serving platters can help put the finishing touches to a party.
Haute Eats Catering loves the challenge of a new theme party at any budget. Simply submit a request with the theme you are thinking of, how many people you would like to invite and your total budget. Chef U-Brian and the team will come up with a menu to enhance your theme and create flavor profiles your guests will be talking about for years to come!